Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tips for long healthy hair


Ever looked at a random girl or a celebrity and thought to yourself, "Damn, I wish I had hair like that" ?Okay I'll admit it, I have had many of those moments! On the bright side, I get many compliments about my hair, and several of my friends always ask me what I do to keep my hair the way it is, so I decided to share some tips with all of you.

Believe it or not my hair used to be two times thicker then it is right now. These past two years I have lost enormous amount of hair, especially in this particular year. I am no longer able to bare it, so I decided to take action before further damages could be done.

My first and most important advice for all of you is not to stress! Stress really does cause a lot of harm to ourselves, whether we are conscious of it or not. One of my biggest problems is that I tend to stress out a lot! It is very hard to control stress but I just keep thinking to myself "Is it really worth the stress?"

 Make sure you maintain a healthy diet. Eat a balanced meal everyday. Ever hear of the saying “You are what you eat?” well whatever you put into your body really does effect you. Since I live alone, it is very hard for me to keep a healthy routine in my meals, in other words having breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. However, I try my best to eat healthy. The most important thing is not skip meals, because you might not incorporate important nutrients that are essential for you and this could really effect the appearance of your hair. Studies have been found suggesting that eating salmon, dark green vegetables and beans improve the appearance of your hair.

The other day I went to my hair dresser and he asked me how often I wash my hair, I told him every other day, and he was astonished and told me that I should wash my hair only once a week! To me that was a little extreme and I could not bare the thought of not getting my hair washed more then once a week. So, since summer is basically over and autumn is just around the corner, I will try to wash it every 3 days instead of every other day.

 Treatments are very crucial if you want healthy looking hair. I cannot bare the thought of not getting some sort of treatment done to my hair, at least once a week. This could be done at the hair salon or simply at home. I try to do treatments for my hair at least once a week. I am not a huge fan of the hair dressers in Geneva, so therefore I tend to my treatments myself at home. I suggest applying a mask on at least once a week for about 10-15 minutes, or applying some type of oil and then washing it off. I use coconut oil sometimes before washing my hair. I apply the oil and massage it all over my head, and leave it on for an hour to absorb, then I wash my hair. A product that I discovered a year ago was "Moroccan oil" which is a type of oil where you can apply to either wet or damp hair and let me tell you, I am hooked on this product! I wash my hair regularly and before drying it I add a little bit of moroccan oil to the ends of my hair. Let me tell you it really plays a huge effect on my hair; making it look healthier. As for my mask I use the khiel’s mask and I tend to alternate between treatments, so if one week I do the mask, the next week I will do the oil treatment.
A lot of the shampoos we buy can have a very negative effect on our hair, so I suggest using a more natural product. I have been using the khiel’s thickening shampoo for 2 months now and I am very happy with it. Of course, for every person’s hair the product they prefer may differ, however I have recommended this shampoo to several of my friends and they seem pleased with it.

If you live in Geneva and are interested in Khiel's shampoo/ hair mask/ conditioner you can find their products in globus. As for the Moroccan oil, unfortunately I have never seen it anywhere in Geneva, I usually purchase it in London every time I am there. However the great news is that you can order it online.

Moroccan oil and Khiel's have many different products, I think it is really worth to look into http://moroccanoil.com/ and http://www.kiehls.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment