Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Basic Ski Essentials

It's probably either because of the snow we got a couple of days that inspired me to write this post or because I was going ski shopping. Due the coldness of the weather we sometimes forget to take into consideration one important thing, the sun. Yes that's right! Just because you are skiing does not mean that you cannot get sun burnt. It is extremely essential that you put on sun block. Not only to prevent you from a sun burn but also to keep your skin hydrated and protected from the sun rays that could lead to you having wrinkles earlier in your life. Another important thing of course is lip balm or anything that keeps your lips hydrated. I cannot live without lip balm in my bag in general. The cold tends to dry up your lips and could lead them to get chapped pretty quickly. If you are not one for wearing a helmut (Even though I think everyone should.) Always remember to wear a beenie or something that will cover your head and ears. Leaving those areas exposed while skiing could seriously lead to sever illness. One of the most important things for me while skiing is my jacket. Find a perfect jacket that fits you perfectly and keeps you warm. I know some people who can ski with a normal moncler jacket, however I find that a little odd and in my opinion the best thing is to own a jacket that was made essentially for skiing. If you are one of these people who tends to get cold very quickly, I highly recommend buying hand warmers. My hands are always cold in general, especially when I ski, so I always like to keep hand warmers with me. Remember to always cover your neck, either with a scarf or by wearing a turtle neck. Going downhill may lead you to freeze if you don't have those areas covered properly. One important factor to never forget is obviously to always have a phone on you no matter what. You may lose your partners on the slopes and it is always important that you have a way to reach them. Also remember to always keep hydrated. Drink plenty of water, you are at the end of the day doing extreme sports.

Here are some examples of the essentials that I have mentioned above:


Sunblock:

lip blam:


Hat:
Eugenia Kim
Hand warmers:

Ski jackets:

Spyder

Fendi

Bogner

Sweaters:

Lea polar
Scarf:
Chan Lu Cashmere and silk blend scarf


No comments:

Post a Comment