Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hotel Kempinksi le Mirador

Looking for a small escape and a change from the usual scenery? There could be a time in your life where you feel like you need a small escape. I found that little place. Last year a friend of mine came to visit Geneva and told me that they were going to take me somewhere and that it was a surprise. I kept insisting to know where we were going but I could not get a word out of them. Driving past Montreux and going up small mountain roads I started to get a little anxious until we finally made it. I must admit I was in complete surprise and this was something I did not expect. It was for sure worth the wait. I am usually not a huge fan of hotels in general but this hotel was really worth it. It had a spectacular view over the whole of Montreux and the lake. Probably one of the best views I have seen in Switzerland. For that hour and a half I spent at the hotel, I let my thoughts go and nothing mattered anymore. It is definitely worth a visit. Perfect for a little afternoon tea or to have dinner. Preferably better in the late Spring and early Summer so that you can enjoy the terrace.  I have always been to Montreux but only discovered this hotel last year due to my dear friend which is located in Mont Pelerin, approximately 15 minutes away from Montreux.








No comments:

Post a Comment